* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* ¼ Tbs Salt
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 4 lemons, juiced (or 3/4 Cup Juice + Rind from 3 Lemons)
*1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/12 cups sugar and flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
5. Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.